Welcome back! I hope everyone had a successful first day back and little tears were shed.
Few things new and exciting this year I wanted to share with you:
- We have a new PTA room. We are currently moving from room 6 to room 11 over the next couple weeks. This is where you find the Bulldog Bookstore (open on Thursdays). This will also be where volunteers can meet up on “Volunteer Thursdays” to help our teachers and school.
- Membership is $5 per person, and we encourage both parents (or any family member, neighbor or business owner) to be a member of the PTA. We also have an optional $10 per person membership which includes a discounted Lincoln Bulldog shirt. Legos are our theme this year, because we are Building Strong All Year Long. Please include a check made payable to Lincoln PTA in a completed PTA membership envelope. We are celebrating 110 years this year and would love for you to be part of the historic year.
- Birthday Buttons are also new this year. We are providing Birthday Buttons and Birthday pencils to all of our students during the school year. Don’t worry students with vacation birthdays. We are setting aside time this year to make sure you are celebrated as well.
- Meet & Greet Fair was last week and was a huge success. Thanks to all the parents who donated uniforms for our uniform drive. A huge thanks to L.A. Firefighters for showing up, truck and all. Hope you all enjoyed having Jamba Juice there…we are planning on inviting them to more events. Thanks Superintendant, Richard Martinez and PUSD Superintendent for all your support.
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch this year was the day before school started. We provided lunch from Subway (you get a discount at the one on White & Orange Grove when you show your PTA membership card) for all the teachers and staff. We also gave each teacher a custom Bulldog Tote that read “Don’t Be Jealous Because I Love What I Do”.
- Art for All program has been approved for K-12 Pomona schools. Read the press release. More news to follow on what that will look like for Lincoln’s Art programming.
I look forward to getting to know all of you as the year evolves. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the above items. Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 25 at 3:00 pm for our first PTA meeting of the year. Hope to see you there!
All the best,
Chara Nicole Swodeck
Lincoln PTA President