Great news! Pomona USD has been nominated for 3 CSBA Golden Bell Awards this year. This is a huge honor. It is very difficult to get nominated at all, and almost impossible to get 3 nominations in one year. Congratulations Pomona USD!
The CSBA Golden Bell Awards, now in its 35th year, promotes excellence in education and school board governance by recognizing outstanding programs and governance practices of school boards in school districts and county offices of education throughout California. Golden Bell Awards reflect the depth and breadth of education programs and governance decisions supporting these programs that are necessary to address students’ changing needs. This awards program highlights best practices in education in all areas of operations, instruction and support services by:
- seeking out and recognizing key governance practices that support, sustain and inspire the creation and continuance of exemplary education programs
- seeking out and recognizing sustainable, innovative or exemplary programs which have been developed and successfully implemented by California teachers and administrators
- recognizing and supporting educators who invest extra energy and time to make a demonstrated difference for students
- promoting models with positive student outcomes
- focusing on the commitment to ensure that the needs of all students are met